Mechanical Engineer, E-Machine and Gearbox Design
Newark, CA /
Hardware Engineering – Powertrain Engineering /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
As a Mechanical Engineer on our team, you will help develop and commercialize state-of-the-art electric vehicle traction motors with an integrated gear train and cooling system. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination.
- Develop electric motor and transmission systems, subsystems and components, from prototype to production.
- Develop thermal management systems for electric drivetrains and electric vehicles.
- Work with suppliers and machine shops to design, specify and qualify drivetrain components.
- Work with the test engineering team on electric motors, transmissions and full drivetrain testing including performance, thermal, vibration and durability.
- Project management, and vendor and customer interaction.
- Travel domestically and internationally as required.
- Over 3 years of industry and design experience with integral horsepower rotary electric machines and/or transmission component design.
- Hands-on experience with shop tools and machine building.
- Supplier selection and qualification.
- Experience with automotive gearbox design and testing preferred but not required.
- Experience with electric propulsion systems design and testing preferred but not required.
- Experience with heat transfer and liquid cooling preferred but not required.
- Experience with automotive engineering preferred but not required.
- Experience with electronic control systems preferred but not required.
- Catia V6 including bottom-up and top-down modeling techniques.
- Structural, stress and thermal FEA modeling and analysis, thermodynamics and fluid mechanical analysis.
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Fabrication techniques, including injection molding, machining, die-casting, and stamping.
- Quality process control statistical methods.
- Design for manufacturing (DFM) and failure mode and effect analysis (FMEA).
- Excellent writing, verbal and organization skills.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Must be a team player.
- BS min, MS preferred in the areas of mechanical engineering, automotive engineering, thermal engineering, or other related fields.
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.