Director, Software Quality Assurance
Newark, CA /
Electronics & Software – Leadership /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a software and embedded systems quality leader. This position requires an experienced professional with expertise in implementing/driving software quality systems that support delivery of high-quality software and embedded systems. You will lead the development of a comprehensive testing methodology and drive the integration of software and hardware for a very complex system. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Recruit, mentor, and lead the software and electronic product quality team
- Define and implement software quality management systems in collaboration with the software development, functional safety, supply chain, homologation/regulatory and other relevant teams
- Align testing methodology with industry best practice and industry standards where appropriate and as required by regulation and compliance
- Architect and implement the software and electronic hardware quality processes and criteria for a complex set of cross-functional projects
- Set appropriate targets for process maturity and quality metrics in conjunction with executive management and as appropriate for market and product
- Establish continuous integration and automated testing workflows
- Establish key metrics and dashboards to provide status and insight to development teams and management
- Analyze, diagnose, and resolve systemic quality issues as required
- Optimize the development and testing workflows for both productivity and cost efficiency
- Plan and oversee quality audits and certifications
- Define organization training requirements and track training status as necessary
- Support evaluation of software suppliers and approval of their work products
- Build a culture of design and development for quality
- A minimum of 10 years of experience building and leading software quality organizations.
- Delivery of multiple high-quality products for the consumer and automotive markets
- Deep expertise in software test methodologies, test planning, test automation, test tooling, and quality standards/metrics
- Expertise in the testing of the key system characteristics of usability, performance, scalability, and security
- Experience with embedded Linux and Android projects at all levels: kernel, middleware, and application
- Experience with test automation for full-stack software development
- Experience working in an Agile software development process operating within a larger organization with a variety of development methodologies
- Experience with electrical/electronic hardware development and manufacturing methods and standards
- A strategic viewpoint coupled with a highly organized, methodical temperament
- Passion for excellence and quality
- Extensive management experience including technical, administrative, and organizational activities
- Demonstrated ability to continually grow and develop yourself and your team.
- High energy and excellent interpersonal skills
- BS minimum in the areas of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other related fields
- Experience with projects involving significant cloud service backends
- Experience with embedded control systems and connectivity/network devices including certification to government/industry standards
- IoT, wearable, digital assistant, smart connected and devices/consumer electronics
- EVs and connected vehicles
- Past experience as a software developer or hardware design engineer
- Experience working with regulatory agencies
- MS or Ph.D in software, electrical, computer engineering or similar
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.