Senior Hardware Design Engineer
Electronics & Software – Infotainment, Controls, and Integration
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
As a Senior Hardware Design Engineer, you will help develop and commercialize state-of-the-art infotainment systems. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates should have demonstrated the ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and be excellent at multitasking.
- Design and develop state-of-the-art infotainment system hardware for automobile
- Work with software team on development and system bring up
- Work with vehicle design team on mechanical integration
- Be accountable for delivering high quality product and on schedule
- Lead and mentor junior engineers
- BS minimum in the areas of Computer engineering, Electrical engineering or other related field (MS preferred)
- System architecture experience
- Deep expertise in board design with proficiency in CAD tools for schematic capture, circuit simulations and PCB layout
- Understand entire product development process for mass volume production design, with a focus on DFx(Manufacturing & Test)
- Signal integrity expertise and familiar with high speed signaling and power efficient design, knowledge of multi Gigabit serial buses such as DDR3, DDR4, SATA, PCI-E and MIPI-CSI/DSI
- Familiar with compliance standard such as FCC, EMC, ESD
- Team leadership experience
- High Energy & excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong technical and analytical abilities
- A minimum of 10 years of industry experience in hardware development for successfully launched products
- Hands on experience system level design including PCB design, system integration, bring-up and debug
- Experience in multiple technologies including power, high speed digital, analog, mixed-signal and wireless design
- Passion for product excellence and quality
- Experience with automotive infotainment systems and automotive grade product design
- Experience with camera, audio, touch screen and display technologies and design
- Experience in design for wireless networks (GSM, UMTS, LTE), GPS, WIFI and Bluetooth wireless system
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.