Sr. Engineer, Restraint System Design Release
Newark, CA /
Homologation & Safety – Vehicle Crash Safety and CAE /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Senior Restraint System Design Release Engineer. This position requires an experienced professional in restraint system development. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Be responsible for the design release of all airbags and/or seat belts in the vehicle, from system specification development, sourcing, packaging, drawing release, design validation to ramp up and manufacturing support
- Work closely with the design studio and interior engineering teams to develop the optimum restraint system packages for occupant protection performance and interior styling
- Manage Tier 1 suppliers for both engineering development and program timing. Function as the main point of contact for all supplier interfaces
- Support restraint system integration work. Provide expertise on restraint system design to ensure five-star safety ratings for our new vehicles. Work closely with CAE team to provide design inputs and utilize CAE results to optimize the component design
- Support crash tests and vehicle homologation. Make sure parts are supplied with right pedigrees for all crash test vehicles and other vehicle level validation and homologation needs
- Bachelor’s degree and above in Mechanical Engineering or other related fields
- In-depth knowledge about the design and engineering of airbags and/or seat belts systems, direct experience in automotive OEM or Tier 1 suppliers
- Knowledge of automotive crashworthiness legislation and attributes
- Knowledge of latest technology advancement in the field of passive safety
- Enough CAD skills to package the component models into vehicle models, check interfaces with the rest of the vehicle and make small modifications if necessary. The ideal candidate should possess enough CAD skills to design small brackets, fixtures, etc.
- Engineering fundamentals in problem-solving
- The ability to articulate highly technical issues to audiences not in the crash safety field, such as top management, design studio, purchasing team, etc.
- Excellent people skills to manage suppliers, push the envelope to develop optimal technical solutions, ensure timely delivery of all components
- Experience in program management
- Experience in airbag and/or seatbelt manufacturing
- Knowledge of CAE analysis and restraint system integration and optimization
- Experience in crash tests
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.