Senior Engineer Battery Lifetime Performance and Modeling
Hardware Engineering – Powertrain Engineering
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Battery Lifetime, Performance and Modeling Engineer. This position requires an experienced professional with an intimate knowledge of lithium-ion batteries. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Develop robust battery models to predict real-world cell degradation using cycle life and calendar aging data
- Formulate and execute designs of experiments to acquire sufficient data to train, validate, and test the battery models
- Integrate battery models into MATLAB and Simulink
- Work closely with the battery test team to parameterize battery models
- Collaborate with battery team to determine battery performance and lifetime targets
- Experience with physics based modeling of lithium ion cells
- Fundamental knowledge of lithium-ion cell chemistry and mechanisms
- Proficient with a statistical programming language for data analysis, simulation, and modeling
- Familiar with battery testing equipment
- Experience in writing efficient code to analyze large data sets
- High level of mathematical and advanced data analysis capabilities
- Excellent communication skills and team-oriented attitude
- Comfortable with initiating and taking ownership of projects
- Expertise in MATLAB, Simulink, Stateflow, and model-in-the-loop testing
- Experience with dynamic estimation techniques such as Kalman filter, Particle filter, etc.
- Strong understanding of algorithm design, calibration, and verification
- Ph.D. with a minimum 3+ years of experience in battery control development
- MS degree in EE, ME, CS, Math, Physics, Chemistry, Materials
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.