Director of Powertrain Engineering
Hardware Engineering – Powertrain Engineering
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a highly regarded senior leader. The Head of Powertrain Engineering will focus and be responsible for research, technical leadership and delivery of advanced propulsion systems. Technology development is your passion along with leading an outstanding team of engineers, scientists and prototype technicians. This vigorous role will execute current and future Powertrain Hardware such as batteries, -packs, ESS, e-motors, inverters, power electronics and transmissions.
Our ideal candidate will report to the VP of Hardware Engineering. He/She will exhibit a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates are expected to have demonstrated engineering excellence in the Powertrain fields, to possess the ability to lead and motivate/stimulate a strong team and to strive for perfection.
- Lead, Lucid’s Powertrain Hardware development and activities for all systems, batteries, -packs, ESS, e-motors, inverters, power electronics, transmissions, and related hardware
- Manage, mentor and build teams, talent development, recruiting and retention
- Develop cutting edge technology, targeting holistic efficiency and performance with a view on PT as a whole and interfacing systems
- Deliver PT systems that achieve highest customer satisfaction and industry accolades
- Collaborate with other groups to ensure safety, compliance, cost, efficiency, etc.
- Investment planning for equipment and facilities.
- Key interface with suppliers for current and future programs to ensure timing, performance and quality are met to guarantee 100% customer satisfaction.
- MS or PhD in Engineering or Related Fields
- 12+ years’ experience in Automotive Powertrain Hardware Development
- Proven track record of excellent management capacity leading and developing large, diverse groups of engineers and scientists in a fast-paced environment
- Proven, senior level experience in engineering, design and testing of advanced powertrain systems for production, understanding their interfaces and integration into the vehicle. Ability to provide direction and resolution to technical issues
- A broad industry network and proven ability to interface at a senior / board level with customers and suppliers
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies
Drive for Results: Drives for high performance, takes responsibility and works towards planning targets, overcoming obstacles, setbacks and uncertainty.
Business Acumen: Contributes to the company strategy and aligns the strategic priorities of own area with the direction and strategic priorities of the broader organization.
Customer Centricity: Anticipates evolving customer needs and how to address them, doing the right thing in the right way
Decision Making: Makes timely, informed decisions that consider the facts, goals, constraints, and risks.
Analytical Thinking: Gathers relevant information, identifies key issues, compares data from different sources; draws appropriate conclusions to arrive at appropriate solutions.
Teamwork & Collaboration: Facilitates Collaboration, actively engaging to make joint decisions and share best practices.
Displays Global Perspective: Conveys an understanding of the organization's global market position, opportunities, capabilities, and competitive threats and takes cultural issues and geographic differences into account when making plans and decisions.
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.