Intern, Test Development Engineer– Summer 2024
Hardware Engineering – Powertrain Engineering /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
This internship position will be with the Powertrain test development group. This position requires a talented engineer with passion and experience to design, prototype, engineer, test, analyze, release and launch EV powertrain subsystems. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Responsible to design & develop the ATW (Automated Test Equipment)
- Responsible to design & develop the test application using NI LabVIEW, Python, or other test automation tools
- Analyze and utilize test equipment such as data acquisition devices, power supplies, transducers, I/O devices, and other hardware to meet test requirements
- Responsible to make bench setup for manual test & automated test system based on test requirements, maintain & troubleshoot if any issues arise
- Assist with developing test cases/plans based on requirements
- Contribute to creating documentation during any stage of product development
- Collaborate with multiple teams to meet project deadlines
- Field(s) of study: Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics or related fields
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD Degree program at an accredited university
- Proof of enrollment in current or into next program (MS, PhD)
- Basic knowledge of electrical & electronics circuits and components
- Ability to study & understand electrical & electronic schematic & layout
- Basic knowledge of electrical test equipment including but not limited to power supplies, multimeters, oscilloscopes, power analyzers etc.
- Exposure to AutoCAD Electrical, or similar electrical CAD software
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Timing: May- August, or June-September pending class schedules.
- Duration of Internship: Our internship program is 12 weeks; the end date is flexible based on individual needs.
- Work Location & Environment: This position will be in Newark, CA, and is fully in-person. The working environment will be a mix of lab & office work.
- Relocation: One round trip flight to the assigned work location from/to permanent residence.
- Housing/Transportation: You must provide your own living arrangements and transportation in the local area.
- Background Check: All offers of employment are contingent on clearing a background check.
- Drug Screening: All offers of employment are contingent on passing a drug screen.
- Medical benefits: Dental and vision on day 1 for all interns working 32+ hours a week; medical for interns in California working 32+ hours a week.
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.