Engineer, Body Structures
Newark, CA /
Hardware Engineering – Body Structures /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates should have demonstrated the ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and be excellent at multi-tasking.
- Create and develop innovative Body in White (BIW) components in aluminium and/or steel to achieve best-in-class vehicle systems, Noise Vibration Harshness (NVH) and crash performance
- Work closely with CAE teams interpreting and using analysis results to guide and evolve the design
- Work with manufacturing to ensure efficient buildable designs
- Work efficiently within a multidisciplinary cooperative environment
- 2 + more years of work experience or a Masters Degree
- Experience in vehicle bodyshell design engineering
- Experience in developing design concepts and production designs in CATIA V5/6
- Knowledge or ability to integrate state-of-the-art design and manufacturing methods into product concepts and designs including familiarity with GD&T and dimensional engineering
- Experience of Aluminum structure joining techniques
- Experience in demonstrating profound creativity in resolving mechanical design problems
- Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering or higher
- Experience with composites
- Experience with GD&T
- Fabrication experience
SF Bay Area [ $104,000 - $143,000 ]
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.