Intern, Electrical Manufacturing Engineer - Summer 2023
Casa Grande, AZ /
Manufacturing – General Assembly /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
As the Intern, Electrical Manufacturing Engineer you will work closely with senior engineers to run testing on manufacturing systems and help improve processes in relation to production and efficiency. This position requires an enthusiastic engineer with passion and experience to develop and test Mechanical parts. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches their work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Communicate feedback from test systems to leaders to improve quality & FTT
- Ensure the team is addressing and incorporating top internal and external indicators
- Provide test system results to other teams (e.g., powertrain, handles/locks/mechanisms, exterior ornamentation, chassis and interior)
- Chart EOL (end of line) first run issues
- Train electrical repair and inspection personnel on all new model changes
- Maintain ongoing communication with repair operators to identify high repeat repair items
- Work with NPI (new product introduction) team to coordinate testing prior to introduction to full production
- Field(s) of Study: Mechanical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related fields
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD Degree program at an accredited university.
- Proof of enrollment in current or into next program (MS, PhD)
- Basic knowledge of electronics
- Ability and know how to use a volt meter
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to effectively communicate in a fast paced, cross collaborative working environment
- Previous automotive industry experience, or part of teams such as FSAE, Baja, etc.
- Can-do attitude
- Self starter
- Timing: May- August, or June-September pending class schedules.
- Duration of Internship: Our internship program is 12 weeks; the end date is flexible based on individual needs.
- Work Location & Environment: This position will be in Casa Grande, AZ, and is fully in person. The working environment will be a mix of lab & office work.
- Compensation: Student compensation is based on location and current degree level, non-negotiable.
- Visa Sponsorship: Lucid may but is not obligated to sponsor foreign national employees requiring company sponsorship for U.S employment authorization
- Relocation: One round trip flight to the assigned work location from/to permanent residence.
- Housing/Transportation: You must provide your own living arrangements and transportation in the local area.
- Background Check: All offers of employment are contingent on clearing a background check.
- Drug Screening: All offers of employment are contingent on passing a drug screen.
- Medical benefits: Dental and vision on day 1 for all interns working 32+ hours a week; medical for interns in California working 32+ hours a week.
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.