Project Manager, Powertrain
Casa Grande, AZ /
Manufacturing – Powertrain /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
The Powertrain Launch Manager in Powertrain will lead the day to day operations at our plant in Casa Grande, AZ. In this position you will Support Powertrain launch teams with the launch project organization and tracking open items to closure. This is unique opportunity to set up and run a world class plant to build a world class vehicle.
- Support Powertrain launch teams with the launch project organization and tracking open items to closure
- Create and modify Microsoft Project or Smartsheet schedules
- Gain holistic knowledge of the product, production processes, and manufacturing technologies in order to understand and mitigate risks, as well as to recognize optimization opportunities
- Develop and maintain risk assessments to mitigate timeline and cost impacts
- Ensure the project team is prioritizing tasks and completing them to meet project milestones
- Understand product and equipment spec changes on manufacturing equipment
- Work with stakeholders to understand the critical actions necessary to integrate their requirements into the manufacturing line
- Coordinate and effectively run meetings to resolve issues related to manufacturing equipment installation and upgrades
- Communicate equipment and product spec changes with equipment integrators
- Interface with and manage on-site installation planning with equipment integrators, production, and other cross-functional groups
- Provide project status reports and updates to department leadership
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering required
- 3-5 years in manufacturing engineering or manufacturing project management experience
- Preferred: PMP certification or EV Powertrain manufacturing experience
- Must be detail oriented and well organized
- Action oriented with strong problem solving and influencing skills
- Ability to influence outcomes and drive initiatives in complex environments
- Highly collaborative; comfortable working with people in a matrixed environment
- Possesses strong presentation skills and communicates clearly and professionally at various levels both inside and outside the company
- Working knowledge of MS Project or Smartsheets is a must
- Possess knowledge and experience across multiple functions within equipment design and manufacturing
- Experience in the automotive industry is preferred
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.