Sr. Mechanical Engineer, Electronics Packaging
Newark, CA /
Hardware Engineering – Body Engineering /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. We constantly seek talented, motivated individuals possessing a proven track record of excellence to join our team. Become part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive and mobility industry.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Mechanical Engineer. This position requires an experienced professional with a electronics packaging specialty. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection with a fast-paced environment.
- Work with cross functional vehicle integration teams to come up with the detailed requirements to design systems/part that are Electro-mechanical in functionality.
- Working closely with Packaging team to understand the vehicle level packaging location and verify the thermal performance of the ECUs
- Design 3D, 2D models with Manufacturing tolerances accounted for a good DFM, and DFA
- Work with Tier1/2/Contract Manufacturers vendors on component development plan, clarifying technical queries,
- Perform CAE Analysis for Structural integrity and Design optimization, work with the Thermal engineer to get the design verified for Thermal management
- Work with EE Engineers to design the Board layout for components placement
- Design Electro-Mechanical system such as Interconnects, Pins for PCBA side.
- Work with the Environmental Test team and Vehicle Test teams to design the Test plans to validate the design at component, system, and Vehicle level to release reliable and Durable design
- Work with EE to finalize the connectors based on the requirements established for a particular ECU
- Work with Supply chain team, to assess old and new suppliers for the project to get Cost effective, Quality Soft tooled, Hard Tooled parts on Time as per the Program team.
- At least 4 years of relevant industry experience.
- Knowledge with different levels of Electronics packaging; preferable level 4 packaging
- Proficiency in Mechanical Design, Manufacturing process, with heat transfer basics
- Demonstrate full ownership of assigned systems/components
- Experience with System validation and instrumentation
- Positive attitude to own the design, development and production of various automotive parts
- BS or Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
· California (Bay Area) - $120,000 - $150,000
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.