Paint Process Engineer/Manager
Manufacturing – Manufacturing
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Paint Process Engineer/ Manager. This position requires an experienced professional with a comprehensive experience in paint processes and will be responsible for developing optimal paint quality and sealer processes. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Support the new paint shop start-up from initial concept all the way to volume ramp-up.
- Help achieve the defined volume, premium paint appearance quality, costs and safety objectives.
- Develop and implement paint process quality control plans for pre-treatment/E-coat, sealer, primer, top coat and finesse/polish.
- Forge excellent cross functional relationships with engineering, suppliers, quality, and manufacturing (Body-In-White & General Assembly).
- Develop and implement Paint PFMEA standards and policies.
- Coordinate launch activities and trials with both Product and Plant Engineering.
- Develop and implement training programs for production associates.
- Identify, trial and implement any new tools, equipment and processes that could improve quality and manpower efficiency.
- Effectively manage and balance safety, quality, throughput, cost, and people to provide maximum value to the customer and the company.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in a similar role within an automotive OEM paint shop.
- Fluent with equipment & process planning, budget process and simultaneous engineering activities.
- Experienced team player.
- Passion to continuously improve and maintain the process.
- Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing certification preferred.
- Experience with driving standard methods and procedures.
- Preferred experience with water based paint processes.
- Greenfield paint launch experience
- Knowledge of paint equipment & layouts
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Chemical, Manufacturing / Mechanical / Electrical / Operations / Industrial).
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.