Senior Manager, HR Business Partner
Newark, CA /
People & Places – Human Resources /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
The Director, HR Business Partner for Lucid Motors will support the HQ location in Newark, CA and drive the expansion of our HR capabilities into our retail and service sites across the US and abroad. The role will drive our mission by working with Leaders across the business to ensure Lucid is a great place to work for all our employees and the experience in our field locations is consistent with the headquarters experience. Our HR team achieves results by being collaborative, adjusting to ambiguity, excelling against aggressive timelines and responding to the needs of the business. This role is both hands-on and strategic and requires expertise in the areas of employee relations, workforce planning, performance management, compensation, employee retention, coaching/development, conflict management and ad hoc projects as necessary. This role will collaborate with the current HR COEs to ensure designed and new solutions are relevant across the Lucid environment.
- Be an embedded leader with your client groups and your team. Demonstrate influence to enable positive change, proactively mitigate risk and resolve employee issues.
- Build expertise in the business dynamics of your client groups.
- Assist with the implementation of Talent Management policy including:Implementation of key programs in client areas; Talent management initiatives including supporting global mobility initiatives; employee & leadership assessment and development, Advise Reward staff on issues regarding policy and assist as necessary to improve their service (e.g. market data provision).
- Work with clients to create and manage a workforce strategy and support execution.
- Assist in the implementation of reward policy including pay review, benchmarking.
- Partner effectively with specialist groups including Learning & Development, Talent Acquisition, HR Operations, and Compensation.
- Work with the business and others in HR to develop effective organizational structures, specific job designs and career levels.
- Proactively identify opportunities and assess improvements to the employee experience and partner with leadership and HR to develop and implement impactful solutions.
- Be a leader throughout Lucid. Advise, mentor/coach and guide all levels of management to develop leaders and employees.
- Build credibility and trust among employees. Resolve employee concerns through a systematic approach, clear documentation and follow-through.
- Take ownership of identified issues and accountability to see them through to resolution.
- Partner with the business to build engaged, high-performing employees and teams.
- Actively coach, collaborate and develop your peer team members in your areas of domain expertise. Be willing to learn from others in their areas of domain expertise.
- 10+ years’ experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8+ years’ equivalent in relevant work experience in a HR Business Partner or other client facing HR role.
- Progressively responsible experience in Human Resources leadership with exposure to an innovative business, one that continues to reinvent their business proposition
- Successful business partner leadership experience at an executive level, with proven success in linking HR strategies to the business.
- Experience working in complex organizations (matrix, cross cultural, cross geographical)
- Key Competencies
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and complex environments
- Experience leading employees and management through challenging issues.
- Applied knowledge of federal, state and local laws and statutes for employment. Thorough understanding and hands-on application of internal and external HR principles, concepts, practices and standards.
- Demonstrated experience in Talent Management and Organizational Development beneficial
- Demonstrated ability to effectively partner with all levels of the organization and positively influence teams.
- Proven planning and execution skills, attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks, and work through ambiguity.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- Up to 25% travel required
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.