Intern, Engineering Tools and PLM
Hardware Engineering – Program Management: Product Data and Software Tools /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking an Intern to work in our Engineering Tools and PLM team. This position requires someone passionate about a career in electric vehicles with strong attributes in Engineering and data management. Our ideal candidate exhibits a strong drive, works well in a team, and has had prior experience with automotive student projects or roles with companies with similar backgrounds. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Assist with improving existing CAD and PLM tools internal tool features and to help develop new ones by understanding needs, developing specifications and user stories, testing and helping develop training materials
- Compile and analyze data to characterize issues and opportunities for improvements in engineering and manufacturing processes
- Develop data models in Excel and – where possible – prototypes of new or improved functions in Excel, Powerpoint storyboards and code.
- Create to communicate clearly and concisely – including verbal and written communication
- Working within MS Office (esp. Excel), CATIA and 3DExperience
- Ability to work in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment
- Analytical, self-motivated & committed with a high level of responsibility
- Field(s) of study: Mechanical Engineering or other engineering discipline, Computer Science orother related field
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD Degree program at an accredited university.
- Proof of enrollment in current or into next program (MS, PhD) Related project experience
- Good understanding of Engineering fundamentals
- Prior CAD experience in CATIA, Solidworks, NX, Creo, etc.
- Demonstrate ability to apply first-principles engineering
- Proficient with data analysis, specifically within Excel or other analytical/modeling tools
- Experience coding with Python, C, or C++
- Good problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Detail oriented and organized mindset
- Student project work such as Formula SAE, Baja, Solar Car, etc.
- Timing: May- August, or June-September pending class schedules.
- Duration of Internship: Our internship program is 12 weeks; the end date is flexible based on individual needs.
- Work Location & Environment: This position will be in Newark, CA, and is fully in-person. The working environment will be a mix of lab & office work.
- Relocation: One round trip flight to the assigned work location from/to permanent residence.
- Housing/Transportation: You must provide your own living arrangements and transportation in the local area.
- Background Check: All offers of employment are contingent on clearing a background check.
- Drug Screening: All offers of employment are contingent on passing a drug screen.
- Medical benefits: Dental and vision on day 1 for all interns working 32+ hours a week; medical for interns in California working 32+ hours a week.
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.