Senior Camera Image Quality Engineer – Autonomous Driving
Newark, CA /
Digital – Autonomous Driving /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking an ADAS Senior Camera Image Quality Engineer for our ADAS/Autonomous Driving team. This position requires an experienced professional with a track record of technical excellence in performing image quality assessment, tuning and analysis. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection.
- Work in a world-class ADAS/Autonomous Driving team
- Develop world-class image quality component requirements for ADAS/AV cameras
- Be responsible for all ADAS and AV camera tuning activities for both human and machine vision applications
- Evaluate image quality of different camera hardware designs and ISP settings
- Develop test equipment and lab setup to evaluate and select best image quality products and ISP settings
- Develop camera tuning tools and setups
- Develop automated tools for image quality assessments and testing utilizing MATLAB or Python
- Work closely with other teams (perception and feature owners) to ensure a seamless and robust production implementation
- 3 + years of comprehensive knowledge of CMOS image sensors, lenses, camera calibration, ISP algorithms, digital video formats and color spaces
- At least 3 years of experience in areas related to Camera Image Quality tuning and testing for ADAS / AD applications
- Experience performing IQ characterization capture and analysis such as black level correction, dead pixel, noise, MTF, AWB, autofocus, color characterization, and more
- Must have a thorough understanding of camera tuning software
- Experience tuning, testing, and reviewing camera image quality including color correction, distortion, tone mapping, gamma, noise reduction, exposure settings, depth-of-field and stabilization
- A practical hands-on approach to complement the theoretical knowledge and creativity required to solve Autonomous Driving challenges
- Fluent in MATLAB/Python/shell programming for automated image capture, characterization, tuning and batch processing
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven track record of technical excellence
- Advanced degree in a field related to optics or imaging
- Experience with image quality testing tools such as Imatest, IQ-Analyzer
- Experience with IQ distortion calculation for camera intrinsic parameters evaluation, comparing the different distortion formulas and modules
- Experience in developing lab setups and testing tools for camera evaluation and image quality data collection
- Strong background in ISP and optics
- Experience in working in agile development teams
- Experience in automotive supplier interaction, specification development, release management, change management
- BS in the areas of Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other related fields
- Higher Preferred
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
· California (Bay Area) - $127,000 - $181,500
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.