Project Manager, Special Projects and Construction
Newark, CA /
Retail – Retail Operations /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Retail Operations is seeking an experienced professional with a wide background in construction, engineering, and design, to support and lead Retail Special Projects throughout the US. Responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects on time, within budget, and within scope. Oversees all aspects of special projects as assigned. Sets deadlines, monitors, prepare, and provides progress reports for key stakeholder within Retail Operations and Retail Development. Prepares reports for upper management regarding the
status of projects.
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches their work with vigor and determination. They should be flexible and willing to change directions quickly. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly, and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Visit assigned projects as required.
- Review project plans, specifications, budget, and schedule for all assigned projects.
- Track and obtain required approvals and permits for each project.
- Working with internal and external parties to ensure all existing drawings have been updated to accurately depict day 2 special projects.
- Monitor construction budget and records for each project.
- Coordinate with contractors, suppliers, and vendors to ensure the project remains on course.
- Assist in the resolution of contractual disputes and problems.
- Review directives and change order proposals and monitor timely response.
- Receive, review, and approve applications for payment for site work and building construction to ensure project closeout of contracts.
- Ensure the contractors receive all construction materials, equipment, and fixtures and that they; inspect for damage; reconcile quantities received with purchase orders, and submit reports per established procedures.
- Manage contractors, vendors, and installers to ensure that the work is accurate, complete, in compliance with the plans, and conforms to Lucid quality standards.
- Provide contractor, consultant, and vendor performance feedback to appropriate stakeholders within Retail Operations.
- Assist in the development of schedules. Manage all construction progress and direct recovery action as appropriate to ensure all work is finished within the project schedule as established by Facilities and Retail Operations.
- Manage change; solve and/or communicate problems to stakeholders to ensure prompt resolution.
- Ensure construction punch lists are accurate, and the contractor aggressively manages their completion.
- Capability to read, understand and apply standard to moderately complex documents affecting special projects, including but not limited to agreements/contracts, leases, work letters, project charters, surveys, and drawings.
- Competency in AutoCAD, Revit, Rhino, and Adobe Creative Suite programs expected.
- Ability to demonstrate experience managing multiple projects at one time.
- 5 years of experience in the design and construction of commercial structures involving any combination of the following: architectural or engineering design or review; construction supervision; project estimation or project management.
- Produce and Execute project deliverables including project work plan, management of SD/DD/CD/ Permit drawing sets, project schedules, and specifications.
- Manage and coordinate project sub-consultants such as MEP, Structural, AV/IT, Security, Lighting, etc.
- Ability to demonstrate experience managing multiple projects at one-time
- Knowledge of contract documentation; interpersonal skills; oral and written communication skills; negotiating skills; considerable administrative ability; ability to maintain records and prepare reports.
- Experience with project execution on live operating stores with minimal impact on business operations.
- BS in architecture, engineering, or construction management.
- Professional Architect or Engineer License, Associate Constructor or Professional Constructor certification (AC-American Institute of Constructors) or Certificate as an Engineer in Training (EIT-National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying).
- PMP certificate
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.