Battery Safety Engineer
Homologation & Safety – Homologation and Functional Safety
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Battery Safety Engineer. This position requires an experienced professional with a firm appreciation of the challenges associated with the safe design, production, and integration of energy-dense high-performance high voltage battery packs in a vehicle.
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Be responsible for developing and documenting the safety case of the high voltage vehicle battery. This includes electrical, mechanical and thermal safety topics and applies to the battery at every stage of its life from prototyping, through production, customer use and end of life
- Conduct safety analysis based on your understanding of every aspect of the battery system design, using engineering tools such as Fault Tree Analysis, DFMEA, Functional Safety processes, etc
- Integrate with and advise the existing engineering team regarding battery safety
- Validate battery safety cases, ensure regulatory compliance and field safety of the battery systems
- Articulate and advocate for battery safety effectively to every level of management. Use engineering fundamentals to explain safety topics to engineers not directly in the battery safety field
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering, Master's Preferred
- Direct experience in the mechanical and/or electrical design of highvoltage components
- Knowledge of the energetic failure modes of batteries
- Proven track record of effective documentation of sensitive and mission-critical topics
- Competent knowledge of electrical, mechanical and materials theories, and the ability to articulate and demonstrate your knowledge
- A history of working independently with limited oversight or input
- Ability to mitigate unforeseen problems creatively and effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to show and explain extra-curricular activities that demonstrate initiative and a genuine passion in a similar or related field. This could be a conversation piece or a more formal portfolio of work.
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.