Mechanical Engineer, Powertrain Advanced Manufacturing – HV Battery
Newark, CA /
Hardware Engineering – Powertrain Engineering /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer, Powertrain Advanced Manufacturing – HV Battery. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Accelerate the prototyping and production of next-generation HV battery modules and packs by developing and improving equipment, tooling and processes at Lucid’s Prototype Factory in Newark, CA
- Help recruit, train and lead prototype build technicians
- Rapidly develop and optimize process documentation
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional stakeholders including Design Engineering, Manufacturing, Facilities, Test, Quality and Supply Chain
- Provide Design and Manufacturing Engineering teams with objective, actionable feedback to improve product, process and equipment.
- Work with facilities contractors to ensure successful installation of equipment
- Help develop, implement and refine key quality metrics
- Provide engineering support to other powertrain and vehicle areas as needed
- Assist with factory commissioning and product launch for Lucid’s factory in Casa Grande, AZ
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience
- Outstanding technical problem solving abilities based in a strong grasp of engineering fundamentals
- Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical design, fabrication and manufacturing
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive mindset and strong work ethic
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- NPI and product launch
- Lean Manufacturing and DOE
- Hands-on mechanical fabrication and prototyping
- Quality systems
- Manufacturing Test Development (NI LabVIEW, etc.)
- Design Validation Testing
- EV Powertrain systems
- CAD skills (CATIA V6 preferred)
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering or related field
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.