CAE Engineer, Pedestrian and Occupant Safety Analysis
Newark, CA /
Homologation & Safety – Vehicle Crash Safety and CAE /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a CAE engineer for pedestrian and occupant safety analyses. This position requires a professional in Finite Element Analysis (FEA) or Multi-body Dynamics Analysis field. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Perform pedestrian and occupant safety analyses using LS-DYNA and MADYMO
- Work closely with vehicle design engineers and senior CAE engineers to develop strategies to meet different safety requirements (e.g. US NCAP and Euro NCAP). You will play an important role to support the development of the occupant restraint system.
- Use your analyses to guide physical tests plan (sled tests), develop test matrix, and correlate test results with simulation results.
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) or Multi-body Dynamics Analysis skills utilizing software such as LS-DYNA and MADYMO. Ideally direct experience at automotive OEM level.
- Strong analytical skills to make meaningful conclusions from CAE simulations as well as physical tests. Ability to connect FEA models with the physical systems that the models represent.
- Ability to articulate technical issues and solutions to all levels of the business.
- Excellent organizational skills, e.g. clearly documenting all load cases and results.
- In-depth knowledge about various safety requirements related to pedestrian and occupant protection.
- Bachelor’s degree and above in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Mechanics
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.