New Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer
Hardware Engineering – Body Structures
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
If you are the kind of person who likes and understands math, data, and physics, but really thrives on the creative side of designing something awesome from scratch, then we want to speak with you!
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, depending on your background and interest, you will be working in 3D CAD space, creating components, assemblies, and mechanisms in the full vehicle packaging environment. Focus areas may be in body engineering (structure, closures, interior, exterior), suspension, powertrain, battery pack, design studio, and more.
- Design and engineer components, assemblies, and mechanisms in Catia V6
- Be responsible to create a design that meets all simultaneous engineering requirements including studio, package, structural, weight, manufacturing feasibility
- Develop designs interactively across all vehicle engineering disciplines
- Interface with engineers in crash & safety, durability, NVH, studio, dynamics, aero, thermal, interior, exterior, manufacturing
- Demonstrated track record of excellence in design engineering
- Solid understanding of engineering fundamentals, especially statics and materials
- Outstanding 3D thinking and knack for solving complex 3D puzzles
- Ability to understand and balance multiple competing engineering requirements
- Energetic personality and self-driven communicator that is not afraid to track down the latest simultaneous engineering requirements for their system
- Combination of applied creativity and common sense
- Experience with using Aluminum sheet metal, castings and extrusion in assembly processes is highly desired but not required
- Experience in developing material specifications and test methods
- Experience with LENS/ DMLS metallic materials and processing
- Familiarity with materials characterization methods including TEM, SEM, X-Ray, Optical Microscopy
- Familiarity with typical automotive joining techniques including SPR, fusion welding, laser welding, adhesive bonding
- Methodical approach to testing and documentation
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.