Manager, Inbound Logistics – International
Newark, CA /
Logistics & Operations – Corporate Logistics /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. We constantly seek talented, motivated individuals possessing a proven track record of excellence to join our team. Become part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive and mobility industry.
We are currently seeking an Inbound Logistics Manager. This position requires an experienced professional with the ability to manage the entire Inbound Materials Logistics Network. The successful candidate will have spent considerable time launching new plants and/or new products in an automotive manufacturing environment. This position requires partnership with Supply Chain, QA/QC, Manufacturing, Packaging, Engineering, Finance, and Regulatory Affairs to implement new processes and manage changes. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly, and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Manage Global Inbound Material Logistics Operations
- Direct all inbound logistics operations, including some material planning, transportation, exception management, data analytics, and trade compliance, for an international inbound automotive supply chain
- Define 3PL, asset owner, and carrier strategy to scale operations while optimizing cost
- Oversee the implementation of the 3PL strategy
- Develop and implement system-wide part level visibility of in-transit shipments
- Prepare and manage the department budget, capital, and corporate expenses related to inbound material logistics, cost forecasting, and act as a key stakeholder in negotiation of logistics purchasing contracts
- Drive a corporate cross-functional consensus behind a shared vision of inbound material logistics and distribution
- Drive planning for adequate carrier capacity and storage space to keep pace with volume growth
- Direct the teams responsible for execution for delivery of services to the end customer
- Anticipate challenges and disruptions to transportation flow and design mitigation strategies
- Drive company compliance with logistics processes and global trade regulations
- Define scope and priorities of analytics team to measure all relevant aspects of inbound logistics
- Manage project logistics as directed (ad hoc, specialty, etc)
- Define transportation strategies, supplier compliance, and optimized flows
- Drive site-specific requirements at cross docks, warehouses, and ports to support the most efficient logistics operations possible
- Define and develop inbound material logistics solutions that optimize speed, cost, and quality
- Define and drive development and implementation of needed processes and systems
- Identify ongoing operational processes and staffing needs to support logistics operations.
- Identify and hire a world-class team of logistics professionals to lead operations
- Work with Internal Customers to optimize and meet requirements (Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Engineering)
- Participate in carrier management processes, such as selection, qualification, and performance evaluation
- Implement specific customer requirements, such as internal reporting or customized transportation metrics
- Design models for use in evaluating logistics programs or services
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes
- Analyze the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or mixes, or carriers
- Lead Negotiations with suppliers or internal customers to improve supply chain efficiency or sustainability
- 7+ years relevant experience with automotive logistics, transportation, and global trade process and procedures, preferably in a high-volume environment
- 2+ years of related automotive industry experience and LEAN manufacturing
- 2+ years direct leadership experience
- Strong knowledge of multi-modal logistics pricing models (air, rail, truck, ocean, customs brokerage)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with success in working across organizations at all levels
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, effective project planning in terms of resources, strategies, cost, and time with the ability to meet project timelines
- Strong computer proficiency in MS Office applications
- Experience with TMS software applications, specifically JDA TM
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Supply Chain, Logistics, Industrial Engineering, or related field. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered
- LEAN, GK, or Six Sigma Certifications a plus
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.