Hardware Engineering – Body Structures
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a skilled Fastener Engineer. You will work with a team of engineers and others in support of vehicle development as well as ensuring readiness for production. You will drive all fastener-related issues to closure to get the Lucid Air into mass production.
- Conduct training in principles of bolted joint analysis for management, engineers, and designers
- Perform Joint Design, Fastener Catalog Standard Part Release, and Validation Authority to develop fastening strategies for the vehicle
- Work with FEA engineers to specify loads, define stress targets, and improve analysis methods for bolted joint analysis
- Perform upfront analysis of bolted joint systems to optimize robustness and minimize costly redesigns
- Assist Design Engineers in joint design and recommend fasteners based on usage, coating & part strength
- Drive resolution of joint design issues between stakeholders
- Achieve commonization of fasteners with assembly-friendly solutions
- Plan, design, and document a company-wide fastener catalog based on best practices cost control and global availability
- Manage the creation & maintenance of CAD & drawings (using CATIA v6)
- Develop & Implement Testing strategy based on cooperation with test facilities to validate joints
- Provide & release drawings, part names & numbers, and CAD into Enovia
- Provide Design Engineers with testing support including samples and testing oversight
- Track progress of fastener selection, release, and validation
- Provide continuous improvement of processes by supporting line walks, best in class serviceability, assembly time reduction, and cost reduction initiatives
- Promote and investigate new fastener technologies
- 5+ years of Fastener Engineering experience w/automotive OEM or supplier
- Fastener lab testing experience (torque specification development)
- Fastener selection/recommendation experience
- Fastened joint design review experience
- Fastener manufacturing experience
- Good knowledge of 3D CAD modeling software (CATIA v6) for developing and designing product solutions. Ability to operate CAD and create packaging drawings and proposals as needed
- Ability to read and understand component drawings
- BSME Degree
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.