Closures Engineer – Composite Decklid
Newark, CA /
Hardware Engineering – Body Structures /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are looking for an automotive Closures Engineer – Composite Decklid. If you’re the kind of person who sees a problem, develops a solution, and engineers an improvement no one’s asked for yet, then we want to talk with you!
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates should have demonstrated the ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and be excellent at multi-tasking.
- Take ownership of the Lucid Air clamshell composite decklid system
- Manage and be the technical lead for suppliers, contract staff, and other closures engineers
- Advanced closures engineering for future Lucid products
- Work with internal and external stakeholders for attributes, performance, cost, weight, packaging, and studio
- Program management of multiple suppliers
- Drive parts, assemblies, and system to perfection from conception to start of production
- Create your own CAD or work with CAD designers and contractors to meet your system goals
- Profound knowledge of decklid, tailgate, liftgate, or other composite closures systems
- Expertise in plastics and composites including SMC and injection molding
- Experience in launching automotive closures and demonstrable track record of technical excellence
- Strong mechanical engineering fundamentals
- A minimum of (5) years relevant experience
- A strong desire to create the very best product, working as an integral part of a very capable team
- Ability to interrogate CAD, run section cuts, and use CAD for digital mockup and package studies
- Experience in interacting with studio and working with class A surface
- Well-developed team working and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor of Science (minimum) in Mechanical Engineering or relevant engineering discipline or higher
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.