Engineering Manager, 12V Harness and Electrical/Electronic Module Packaging
Newark, CA /
Hardware Engineering – Body Engineering /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking an Engineering Manager, 12V Harness and Electrical/Electronic Module Packaging. This position requires an experienced professional with a responsibility for managing the design and development of the electrical systems of a world-class vehicle in terms of both performance and reliability. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Build, lead, and mentor a world-class 12V Harness and Electrical Packaging engineering team
- Create industry-leading Low Voltage Electrical systems and electronic enclosure design. Work collaboratively with EE teams to implement the best in class smart electrical architecture
- Lead the packaging, engineering, release, and launch of all Harness and Electronic Modules in the Lucid portfolio
- Work interactively within a cross functional marketing, design, and vehicle engineering team, placing priority upon the greater benefit of the vehicle above any one individual system
- Collaborate with Harness and Module suppliers to ensure technical excellence and on time delivery of Lucid Electrical systems
- Employ and develop efficient tools and an innovative approach to support the development
- Bachelor's degree in Science in relevant discipline Experience leading a team of multi-discipline engineers EE and ME demonstrating the ability to be detail oriented.
- Full program cycle experiences from concept to production launch in 12V Harness and ideally Electronic Module development
- Knowledge and understanding of automotive 12V Harness industry benchmark, trends, and supplier competencies
- Ability to create/improve/establish technical product specifications and timelines to achieve an accelerated development cycle towards SOP
- Experienced in using CAD to review drawings, electrical Modules packaging layouts, and DFM studies with the ability to create simple
- CAD forms
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to achieve success in a fast-paced startup environment
- Profound knowledge of vehicle electrical systems and demonstrable track record of technical excellence an program execution
- Vehicle and product launch experience
- Exceptional technical abilities paired with excellent communication skills
- A solid knowledge of Harness Design, Electrical Schematics, Enclosure design and Packaging
- A strong desire to create the very best product, working as an integral part of a very capable team
- Familiar with the need and use of thermal and mechanical CAE analysis
- A Practical hands-on approach to complement the theoretical
- Design experience operating with CATIA V6 3DExperience
- Master's degree in Science in relevant discipline
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.