Intern, Powertrain Engineering – Efficiency, Performance and Systems - Summer 2024
Hardware Engineering – Powertrain Engineering /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
As an intern in the Efficiency, Performance and Systems group, you will get the opportunity to interface with cross-functional teams to improve the energy efficiency of Lucid vehicles. Additionally, you will get exposure to working with different data acquisition tools and measurement equipment to capture data from the in-vehicle network and interfacing that with external measurement equipment. It will offer an opportunity for an overall understanding of the vehicle’s low voltage architecture and the interaction of various ECU’s on the system, and their dependence on the high voltage battery.You will also get some exposure to analyzing data from the vehicle to understand its overall operation, system interactionsand identify sources of efficiency improvement.
- Validate, and test range/load data on new vehicle models
- Partner with senior engineers to assist in energy consumption optimization efforts
- Analyze and review vehicle data from tests and customers, to find opportunities to reduce energy consumption
- Assist in preparing vehicles for range testing
- Assist in performing development coast-down testing
- Assist in real world efficiency test analysis and collecting validation data for the modeling team
- Assist in diagnosis and root causing of issues observed on prototype vehicles
- Field(s) of study: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics or related fields
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD Degree program at an accredited university
- Proof of enrollment in current or into next program (MS, PhD)
- Demonstrate ability to apply first-principles engineering
- Ability to work in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment
- Strong fundamental understanding of electrical subsystems
- Experience with Matlab/ Simulink
- Canape, CANbus, or CANalyzer experience is a plus
- Self-starter, eager to learn
- Timing: May- August, or June-September pending class schedules.
- Duration of Internship: Our internship program is 12 weeks; the end date is flexible based on individual needs.
- Work Location & Environment: This position will be in Newark, CA, and is fully in-person. The working environment will be a mix of lab & office work.
- Relocation: One round trip flight to the assigned work location from/to permanent residence.
- Housing/Transportation: You must provide your own living arrangements and transportation in the local area.
- Background Check: All offers of employment are contingent on clearing a background check.
- Drug Screening: All offers of employment are contingent on passing a drug screen.
- Medical benefits: Dental and vision on day 1 for all interns working 32+ hours a week; medical for interns in California working 32+ hours a week.
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.