ADAS / AD Technical Project Manager
Newark, CA /
Autonomous Driving – Autonomous Driving /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
ADAS/AD Technical Project Manager
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. We constantly seek talented, motivated individuals possessing a proven track record of excellence to join our team. Become part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive and mobility industry.
The ADAS team is currently seeking a System Engineer to be responsible for the ADAS/AD HMI/UX strategy. This position requires an experienced professional with a track record of successfully bringing new automotive ADAS and/or HMI features into production.
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection.
- Manage the Lv.2+/Lv.3/Lv.4 ADAS and Autonomous Driving system development project.
- Contribute to the ADAS/AD roadmap, strategic planning, production rollout planning
- Lead the ADAS/AD system development and production deployment
- Lead ADAS/AD system production deployments, sourcing, managing suppliers, quality management
- Manage supplier partnership and engagement
- Drive the ADAS/AD software specifications with creative ideas together with the Electrical architecture and Body Engineering teams to bring each ADAS/AD feature to the next level providing a best in class premium experience
- Lead a rapid prototype system in quickly manner to show a proof of the concept
- Lead performance validation and evaluation of the ADAS/AD features
- Work closely with suppliers and internal teams to implement innovative solutions
- Contribute to the timely delivery of fully validated, high-quality customer features
- Work closely with other teams to ensure good communication to achieve a seamless and robust vehicle implementation
- Proven track record of bringing automotive ADAS/AD customer features into production
- In-depth knowledge and experience in the ADAS/AD software architectures and interfaces.
- Experience designing, debugging, testing and bringing up complex hardware/software systems
- Experience with automotive supplier interaction, specification development, project/release management, change management
- Capability and creativity to successfully complete projects with unconventional ideas in highly constrained, innovative startup environments
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
Great to Have
- Previous project managing experience from an OEM or a Tier1 in AD software stack development
- Previous experience with ADAS customer functions and/or HMI/Infotainment systems at a Tier 1 or OEM
- Knowledge of relevant regulations and applicable (safety) standards for typical ADAS features (e.g. ASPICE, ISO26262, FMVSS, EuroNCAP)
- BS minimum in the areas of Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Robotics, or other related fields
- Higher degrees preferred
- 3 years of managing experience or 10 years experience, ideally in the automotive field or AD software startup
Be part of something amazing:
Come work alongside some of the best and most accomplished minds in the industry. Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, California, Lucid Motors is making significant breakthroughs in clean technology.
Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for the brilliant minds who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you want to actively work towards creating a better, sustainable future, we’d love to have you join our team!
Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and Regulations.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate the differences that make up our team, our products, and our community.
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.