Intern, Motor Control Software Development and Validation Engineer, Summer 2024
Digital – Controls Engineering /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a Motor Control Software Development and Validation Engineering intern. This position requires a student who will develop motor control algorithms and has a passion for EVs. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Develop advanced motor control algorithms to increase the performance of electric motors.
- Develop motor control models in Matlab/Simulink.
- Test motor control software to the defined requirements on dynos and in vehicles.
- Work alongside industry gurus in building our revolutionary Lucid vehicle platforms.
- Knowledge of electrified powertrain operations
- Knowledge of electric motor operations
- Proficiency in motor control concepts
- Proficiency in Matlab/Simulink and State flow
- Proficiency in C programming language
- Excellent communication skills
- Field(s) of study: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Automotive Engineering
- Will consider undergrads Junior level or above Pursuing Bachelor’s or master's degree
- Proof of enrollment in current or into next program (MS, PhD)
Nice to haves:
- In-depth understanding of design methodologies for discrete-time control systems
- Knowledge of torque control methodologies such as field-oriented control and direct torque control
- Knowledge of flux observer techniques
- Knowledge of various PWM schemes such as Sinusoidal PWM, space vector PWM
- Experience in Git or other version control methods
- Experience in LabView and Veristand from National Instruments
- Experience in using CANape and CANalyzer
- Experience in PCB design, schematic capture, and layout
- Location: This position is in. You must be prepared to start on site for your first day of employment.
- Availability: Full-time is preferred
- Anticipated Hours: 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
- Work Environment: Mix of Lab, Office, and Bay
- Compensation: Student compensation is based on location and current degree level, non-negotiable.
- Visa Sponsorship: Lucid may but is not obligated to sponsor foreign national employees requiring company sponsorship for U.S employment authorization.
- Medical Benefits: Dental and vision on day 1 for all interns working 30+ hours a week; medical for interns in California working 30+ hours a week.
- Housing/Transportation: You must provide your own living arrangements and transportation in the local area.
- Background Check: All offers of employment are contingent on clearing a background check.
The hourly range for internships specific to the location is $30/hr-$68/hr and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account: degree level and job-specific domain. You may be eligible for additional compensation as well as access to our medical, dental, and vision programs.
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.