Intern, Power Electronics Systems Engineer - Summer 2024
Hardware Engineering – Powertrain Engineering /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a Power Electronics Systems Engineer Intern, who is a hands-on engineer with a passion for the automotive industry and hardware engineering and systems. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Leading tasks and driving cross functional workstreams across power electronics and powertrain
- Contribute to powertrain and vehicle-level system integrations from prototype to production
- Work on requirement definition, documentation, and process for power electronics, inverters, etc.
- Shadow senior engineers to get a well-rounded understanding of the business
- Field(s) of study: Electrical Engineering/Electrical Mechanical Engineering, Power Electronics, or related field
- Proof of enrollment in current or into next program (BS, MS, PhD)
- Solid background in power electronics. Experience with system analysis and working with requirements is a plus
- Previous working experience with high voltage testing, power electronics, and analog electronics
- Good problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong communication and group working skills
- Familiarity with simulation tools and software
- Being part of engineering student working groups (Formula Student for example) is a plus
- Timing: May- August, or June-September pending class schedules.
- Duration of Internship: Our internship program is 12 weeks; the end date is flexible based on individual needs.
- Work Location & Environment: This position will be in Newark, CA, and is fully in-person. The working environment will be a mix of lab & office work.
- Relocation: One round trip flight to the assigned work location from/to permanent residence.
- Housing/Transportation: You must provide your own living arrangements and transportation in the local area.
- Background Check: All offers of employment are contingent on clearing a background check.
- Drug Screening: All offers of employment are contingent on passing a drug screen.
- Medical benefits: Dental and vision on day 1 for all interns working 32+ hours a week; medical for interns in California working 32+ hours a week.
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.