Project Manager, Powertrain Advanced Manufacturing
Newark, CA /
Hardware Engineering – Powertrain Engineering /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a Project Manager, Drive Unit Prototype Build. The candidate is an accomplished project manager with strong organizational capabilities and the ability to influence and coordinate with talented engineering teams and stakeholders for a seamless delivery of technical programs. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches work with vigor and determination. This position requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills, team working and collaboration culture, self-managing capabilities, and flexibility in adjusting to the changing priorities and directions. Candidates should have demonstrated the ability to learn quickly, work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and be excellent at multi-tasking.
- Owns the drive unit prototype build schedule, create and maintain timelines. Collate new build requests and manage schedule impacts & resource constraints.
- Identify and manage required inputs/outputs, mitigate build blockers leveraging internal lab capabilities, placing part orders and ensuring needed resources are in place for build execution
- Works with fast paced cross functional team of engineers and technicians to ensure that drive units prototype builds are executed efficiently.
- Manages stakeholders across the engineering development organization with regard to drive unit builds, deliveries, test activities, etc.
- Maintains the drive unit prototype build Jira tickets, Confluence space, Smartsheet schedules and Excel tracking spreadsheets
- Develops and implements effective program management processes and best practices from initiation to completion
- Fosters strong cross-functional partnerships and can effectively prioritize workload demands to meet project deadlines
- 2+ years of experience of project management
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with ability to work in a high-pace highly complex cross-functional environment.
- Excellent organization skills with a track record of delivering projects on-time
- Experience with Agile project management tools including Atlassian software (JIRA, Confluence)
- Bachelors degree in a field relevant to technology project management. Master’s degree is highly valued.
- Experience in a prototype manufacturing environment
- Project management qualification
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions ,including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
· California (Bay Area) - $96,000-$132,000/yr
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k.The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.