Newark, CA /
Hardware Engineering – Battery Lab & Algorithms /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Battery Pack Test Engineer. This position requires an experienced professional with familiarity and a history of working with high voltage electrical components and/or systems. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Be responsible for the design of experiments & fixtures, while conducting, recording, and reporting all battery-related test work.
- Be able to demonstrate technical excellence and apply first-principle engineering to new applications.
- Be excited to work as part of a close-knit and cohesive team to deliver an outstanding high-voltage architecture.
- BS/MS Electrical, ECE, Mechanical, or Mechatronic Engineering (or equivalent) Direct experience in the mechanical design and testing of electrical (preferably high voltage) components
- The ability to demonstrate a competent knowledge of electrical theory
- A history of working independently with limited oversight or input once a base understanding has been established
- Experience with CAD in at least one professional 3D CAD package, preferably Catia (V5 or V6) with the ability to generate drawings
- Experience of basic fabrication and an ability to communicate effectively with machine shop staff
- An ability to mitigate unforeseen problems creatively and effectively
- Experience working with high-voltage, high current systems (power supplies, batteries, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.