Software Test Manager
Electronics & Software – Infotainment, Controls, and Integration
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
- Lead the test process to implement test standards, best practices and workflows as required
- Own the test process of ECU and System integration involving Model In the Loop (MIL), Hardware In the Loop (HIL) and other test environments
- Collaborate with Controls, Software and other Design engineers, create test cases and derive test procedures / sequences based on requirements and feature listings
- Lead test automation strategy/efforts where possible, develop scripts (MATLAB, Python etc.) to perform automated testing cycles
- Support any qualification of test setups necessary to validate results
- Work with vendors to understand and solve issues and lead the development of custom tools
- Jointly own approval of test software, test procedures and test cases with product and controls/design engineers and perform test setup / software validation testing during the off-hours maintenance windows
- Configure test setups and test runs according to the test plan
- Support test runs at various levels of integration, support test software during test and document test results
- Report and escalate issues as appropriate and participate in triaging of issues with different teams.
- Participate in the design of a world class engineering effort to bring electric vehicles to a new level of refinement
- 5+ years of experience in model based design and testing workflows with automotive software
- Hands on experience in safety critical software development and testing methods - requirements to source code
- Experience in developing and maintaining MIL, HIL, system verification test cases and test infrastructure
- Experience with MATLAB, Simulink, Simulink Design Verifier, Simulink Test Suite
- Experience in building and using HIL test setups (Speedgoat, dSpace, OpalRT and their relevant tools), system level test benches and CAN / LIN / Automotive Ethernet network verification tools (e.g. CANoe, CANalyzer, VehSpy etc.)
- Expert knowledge in test automation and scripting languages and tools (MATLAB, Python, Jenkins, ECU-Test, AutomationDesk or similar)
- Experience in plant modeling (Electrical Motors, High Voltage Battery Systems, Vehicle Dynamics and Thermal System) - you deeply understand mechanical and electrical systems
- The ability to build stuff with your hands
- Electric vehicle systems
- Failure analysis methodology and documents (FMEA, Fault trees etc.)
- Static Code Analysis Tools (polyspace or similar)
- Bachelor of Science, in the areas of Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing, Automotive, Computer Science, or other related fields.
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.