Drive Unit Test and Validation Engineer
Newark, CA /
Hardware Engineering – Powertrain Engineering /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are looking for a Drive Unit Test and Validation Engineer to join our world-class team. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination.
- Lead design quality initiatives directing and creating component and system DFMEAs that help drive the definition of DVP&Rs and testing specifications.
- Develop and operate test console (Labview based) for Motor Dynamometer and other powertrain test setups.
- Manage (HALT) Highly Accelerated Life Testing and environmental testing of EV Drive Units.
- Manage the definition and data analysis from performance and durability testing.
- Develop and implement standard practices for maintaining equipment calibration and specifying new equipment.
- Utilize numerical data analysis tools to interpret test results. Document results and provide reports.
- Work with data acquisition systems and control systems to continually improve in-test data recording.
- Coordinate with design engineers to highlight problems and suggest areas for improvement.
- Develop test plans, procedures, and conduct tests to evaluate if hardware meets acceptance test criteria. Analyze and review data to ensure that hardware is operating as expected.
- Develop novel ways to streamline processes and increase the reliability of testing operations.
- Experience creating and putting into practice statistical models for predicting product life from limited test sample data.
- Experience with Software: LabView, and Matlab/Simulink.
- Basic experience with automotive communication protocols (CAN, LIN).
- Hands-on experience with shop tools and machine building.
- Experience with taking products through development cycle to full volume production including writing and executing DVP & Rs (Design Verification Plan and Reports).
- Track record of getting amazing products to market on time with fantastic innovation.
- 4 years minimum design and/or test experience.
- Design expertise for manufacturing (DFM) and failure mode and effect analysis (FMEA)
- Great communication skills for relaying data (verbal and written) between other employees and customers.
- Experience interpreting CMM results
- Expertise in using Catia V6
- Experience with electric vehicle drivetrains
- Experience with automotive regulatory, environmental, reliability, and safety requirements is a plus. SAE, IEC, ISO, Chinese standards.
- Experience with electric vehicles and/or automotive products a plus.
- Bachelor Degree required in Electrical, Automotive, Computer or Electro-Mechanical Engineering or Physics.
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.