Design Engineer, Exterior Systems
Newark, CA /
Hardware Engineering – Body Engineering /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking Design Engineer, Exterior Systems. This position requires an experienced professional with a responsibility for designing and developing parts of the exterior systems of a world class vehicle in terms of both styling and function. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Lead or play a leading role in the packaging, engineering design, release and launch of exterior systems of a state-of-the-art car
- Create cutting edge exterior systems focusing on quality, reliability, functionality, mass and cost efficiency
- Work interactively within a cross functional studio and vehicle engineering team, placing priority upon the greater benefit of the vehicle above any one individual system
- Employ and develop world class engineering tools and an innovative approach to support the systems generation
- Contribute to building an excellent exterior systems engineering team
- Profound knowledge of vehicle exterior systems and demonstrable track record of technical excellence. This includes design related experience with at least some of the following areas : Front end module carrier, Fascias (front & rear), Side valences, Sill trims, Underbody aero shields, Wheelhouse liners, Spoilers / appliques, Mirror systems, Wiper systems, Glazing systems, "Frunk" / "Froot" , and Rocker panels
- A strong desire to create the very best product, working as an integral part of a very capable team
- A flair for creative engineering and 3D problem solving
- The ability to create complex CAD schemes and models to an excellent standard, preferably using CATIA V5 or V6
- A solid knowledge of thermoplastic & thermoset resin materials and class A manufacturing technologies (including painting)
- A good understanding of the range of computational tools available to design engineers
- Well-developed team working and interpersonal skills
- A great work ethic
- Launch experience
- Experience with plastics design, Class A surfaces, front crash, aero experience features, lighting integration, module integration, tooling, resins, supply base, paint, fit and finish, gap and flush, module concept, thermal expansion, front end carrier, structural design knowledge, paint (matching).
- Bachelor of Science (minimum) in Mechanical Engineering or relevant engineering discipline or higher
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.