Material Flow Engineering Technician
Newark, CA /
Supply Chain – Logistics /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
Lucid Motors is recruiting for a proficient and experienced Material Flow Engineering Technician to join our Material Flow Engineering team in Newark, CA. The successful candidate will have broad-based industrial experience, encompassing Mechanical Designing, Welding, Machining and other machine shop operations, Hydraulics/Pneumatics systems, Conveyor systems, semi-automated and automated material handling equipment, manufacturing equipment repair and maintenance, etc. Must be willing to tackle ambiguity and when challenges present themselves and be willing to assist and learn from others in their areas of expertise.
- 6 Day to day support of material handling equipment: respond to alarms, breakdowns, and production requests quickly and efficiently to minimize downtime.
- Diagnoses equipment failures: find root cause and communicates actions taken to the rest of the team and to the engineers.
- Become journeyman level on all equipment in assigned area and be responsible for preventative maintenance, troubleshooting/repair, cleanliness and escalation of assigned equipment.
- Takes initiative to improve PM documents and schedules, under the direction of the leadership.
- Perform major equipment repairs and rebuilds, (some weekends and holidays required).
- Work with Process and Equipment engineering and other cross functional groups to resolve maintenance issues, improve equipment reliability, review procedures, and minimize equipment downtime.
- Recommends countermeasures to prevent repetitive breakdowns.
- Organizes and maintains a high degree of cleanliness in the maintenance area as well as performing spares inventory audits to ensure accuracy.
- Follows all aspects of Maintenance Safety protocol (LOT, 5-S, Arc Flash, etc.), to ensure that the maintenance team always operates safely , leading by example.
- AS/BS degree in Industrial/Mechanical Technology is preferred but not required.
- 3+ years of experience maintaining industrial equipment.
- Highly skilled with general machine shop tools, including welding, and portable tools.
- Skilled at troubleshooting conveyance and electromechanical systems.
- Skilled with common workplace software (MS Word, Excel. PowerPoint etc.).
- Able to read and interpret basic mechanical drawings.
- Ability to manage workload while contributing to a positive, team-oriented work environment.
- Willing to perform shift and overtime as required.
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.