Engineering Vehicle Test Driver
Newark, CA /
Hardware Engineering – Vehicle Development /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
As an engineering test driver, you will be responsible for driving prototype and pre-production vehicles and documenting vehicle behavior in support of departmental engineering tests.
This role reports to our Test Fleet Manger.
- Test drive and evaluate test vehicles on ‘real world’ driving situations on test routes/tracks, conduct safety inspections, perform specialized test procedures and document findings on driver reports in a clear and concise manner.
- Recreate driving scenario in controlled and field tests and provide feedback to engineering team.
- Perform vehicle checks, maintenance and keep vehicle prepared for field testing daily.
- Manual data collection and driving including mapping drives and final data verification drives.
- Specifically, our Vehicle Test Drivers will be responsible for driving prototype vehicles on various public and private roads in order to obtain data and troubleshoot technical issues.
- The Test Drivers are valuable contributors, providing necessary feedback to our engineering team in order to advance this cutting-edge technology.
- AA/AS degree, any field; or, demonstrated communication, analytic, mathematical, and reasoning skills consistent with a AA/AS degree;
- Valid US driver's license with at least 7 years of driving experience and a clean driving record (DMV record will be obtained).
- Enrollment in DMV Pull Notice Program is a nice-to-have.
- Must be able to demonstrate safe driving in all weather conditions, including rain.
- Safety Sensitive position requiring all persons assigned to activity be drug free.
- Able to drive for prolonged periods routinely exceeding eight or more hours.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including weekends and possible overtime.
- Must have good vision, hearing and motor skills. Alertness and good driving instinct to monitor automated vehicle performance and supervision.
- Basic computer skills and ability to operate GPS.
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate clearly both written and orally.
- Exceptional ability and desire to learn new skills and tools. Ability to apply oneself in new problems in a dynamic lean start-up environment.
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.