Agile Product Engineer
Newark, CA /
Digital – Infotainment /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are looking for an Agile Product Engineer to enhance delivery of our state-of-the-art Infotainment system. In Infotainment, we are responsible for the software that our drivers interact with, from the navigation and media applications, to the controls for our seats and the car’s interior climate. You will be working on systems that directly impact the experience of driving the Motor Trend Car of the Year!
- The Agile Product Engineer is accountable for effective software product delivery, which includes:
- Developing and explicitly communicating software product delivery goals
- Collaborating to document plans for specific deliverables
- Creating and communicating product backlog items in Jira
- Prioritizing and ordering product backlog items
- Aligning prioritized backlog items with delivery goals
- Ensuring that the product backlog is well-defined, visible, understood, and estimated
- The Agile Product Engineer must:
- Have an Agile Mindset, supporting and enabling incremental and iterative delivery
- Enable professional Scrum by:
- Working closely with Scrum Masters
- Participating in Scrum events
- Collaborating closely with Scrum Teams on Product Backlog items, understanding trade-offs, planning, and Sprint scope
- Write clear, concise product requirements and specifications
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering Management to define and prioritize software features
- Collaborate with enterprise stakeholders to:
- Develop and explicitly communicate intermediate goals
- Identify key business drivers and key opportunities for improving product delivery
- Understand desired outcomes within the bounds of existing business constraints
- Define our product(s) and services and how stakeholders will interact with them
- Collaborate with engineering teams to:
- Develop short- and long-term solutions to business needs and problems
- Develop short- and long-term implementation plans
- Develop and document use cases to explain/demonstrate specifications to business partners
- Develop and document complex user stories from prioritized features in collaboration with Product and Engineering management
- Write acceptance criteria for user stories and ensure that user stories all meet the Definition of Ready (DoR)
- Create a timeline for requirements discussion sessions to identify and close the gaps in requirements documentation
- Be able to understand technical architecture and dependencies and explain to Product Managers and other stakeholders in clear, non-technical terms
- 2-5 years of experience in a similar role in a software or hardware delivery environment
- Demonstrated experience in an Agile delivery model, preferably Scrum
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills (writing sample required)
- Business Acumen
- Scrum certification is preferred but not required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a product development role
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.