Staff Fastener Engineer, Vehicle Integration
Hardware Engineering – Vehicle Integration /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking skilled a Fastener Engineer, Vehicle Integration. You will work with a team of engineers and others in support of vehicle development as well as ensuring readiness for production. You will drive all fastener-related issues to closure to get the Lucid Air and future products into mass production.
- Perform Joint Design, Fastener Catalog Standard Part Release, and Validation to develop fastening strategies for the vehicle
- Work with FEA engineers to specify loads, define stress targets, and improve analysis methods for bolted joint analysis
- Assist Design Engineers in joint design and recommend fasteners based on usage, coating & part strength
- Perform upfront analysis of bolted joint systems to identify the optimal fastener, optimize robustness and minimize costly redesigns
- Plan, design, and document a company-wide fastener catalog based on best practices cost control and global availability
- Achieve commonization of fasteners with assembly-friendly solutions
- Add DFA and DFM with a focus on optimization of cost, weight, and minimal part count
- Manage the creation & maintenance of CAD, part numbers, and drawings (using CATIA v6 and Enovia)
- Maintain a list of critical joints for the product
- Track progress of fastener selection, release, and validation
- Develop and implement testing strategy based on cooperation with other teams and/or external teams to validate joints. In some cases, conduct physical verification testing of bolted joints including residual torque measurements
- Provide Design Engineers with testing support including samples and testing oversight
- Drive resolution of joint design issues between stakeholders
- Provide continuous improvement of processes by supporting line walks, best in class serviceability, assembly time reduction, and cost reduction initiatives
- Promote and investigate new fastener technologies that align with part count reduction and optimization of assembly
- Conduct training in principles of bolted joint analysis for management, engineers, and designers
- Leverage relationships with contractors, industry contacts, and internal teams to broker comprehensive solutions to fastener concerns
- BS Mechanical Engineering Degree, Master's preferred
- 8+ years of engineering experience w/automotive OEM or supplier
- Fastener lab testing experience
- Fastener selection/recommendation experience.
- Deep knowledge of coatings and materials (preferably automotive)
- Fastened joint design review experience
- Excellent engineering fundamentals and problem-solving skills
- Fastener manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Understanding of fastener-specific supply chain and procurement
- Knowledgeable on 3D CAD modeling software (CATIA v6 preferred) for developing and designing product solutions
- Ability to read and understand component drawings including GD&T information
Salary Range: The compensation range for this position is specific to the locations listed below and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including job-related knowledge; skillset; experience, education and training; certifications; and other relevant business and organizational factors.
· California (Bay Area) - $138,000-198,000
Additional Compensation and Benefits: Lucid offers a wide range of competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, vacation, and 401k. The successful candidate may also be eligible to participate in Lucid’s equity program and/or a discretionary annual incentive program, subject to the rules governing such programs. (Cash or equity incentive awards, if any, will depend on various factors, including, without limitation, individual and company performance.)
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.