Manager / Leader, Battery Cell and System Engineering
Hardware Engineering – Battery Lab & Algorithms
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Manager / Leader for our Battery Cell & System Engineering Team. This position requires a creative and analytical thinker with a deep technical background in batteries and proven leadership and project management expertise. This position will be expected to possess the ability to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Lead, grow, and mentor our talented systems engineering and battery cell team
- Deliver collaboratively as a world class battery systems integrator for motorsports, passenger vehicles, and other applications
- Find, evaluate, and develop new, cutting edge battery cell technologies for use in our products
- Specify, test, and ensure performance of battery cells for our target applications with cell suppliers
- Lead the development of battery cell and system simulation models and algorithms alongside the battery software team
- Manage development timelines, budgets, testing equipment, and deliverable
- Demonstrated success in leading scientists, engineers & technical staff
- 5+ plus years experience in Li-ion battery cell research or systems engineering roles
- Expert knowledge of battery performance characteristics at both cell and system level
- A driven personality with critical and independent mindset
- Current and broad overview of all cell technologies, companies and performance benchmarks
- Deep understanding of Li-ion cell electrochemical processes and modeling
- Knowledge in digital signal processing, embedded systems and interpreting data
- MS degree in EE, ME, CS, Math, Physics, Chemistry or Materials
- PhD advantageous
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.