Manager, Battery Cell Engineering
Newark, CA /
Hardware Engineering – Battery Lab & Algorithms /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Manager for our Battery Cell Engineering Team. This role is responsible for leading our talented cell engineers and scientists in complete understanding and modeling of our battery cells in order to deliver the most compelling and safe experience using our products. The applicant should be a creative and analytical thinker with a deep technical understanding of lithium ion battery cells and proven leadership and project management expertise.
- Lead, grow, and mentor our Cell Engineering, Cell Safety, Cell Modeling & Cell Testing groups.
- Ensure our products exceed the highest safety standards
- Find, evaluate, and develop new, cutting edge battery cell technologies for use in our products
- Specify, test, and ensure performance of battery cells for our target applications with cell suppliers
- Lead the development of battery cell simulation models and algorithms alongside the battery software team
- Manage development timelines, budgets, testing equipment, and technical deliverables both with Cell Engineering team and Executive Leadership team.
- 3+ years’ demonstrated success leading scientists, engineers & technical staff
- 5+ plus years’ experience in Li-ion battery cell or systems engineering roles
- Expert knowledge of battery performance characteristics at both cell and system level
- Expert knowledge of various cell designs and construction methods
- Expert knowledge of cell testing methodology and performance benchmarking
- A driven personality with critical and independent mindset
- Current and broad overview of all cell technologies, companies and performance benchmarks
- Deep understanding of Li-ion cell electrochemical processes and modeling
- Knowledge in digital signal processing, embedded systems and interpreting data
- MS degree in EE, ME, CS, Math, Physics, Chemistry or Materials
- PhD advantageous
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.