Manufacturing Engineering Director
Manufacturing – Manufacturing
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineering Director. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Develop organizational plans and recruit, hire and manage a world class team of Manufacturing Engineers.
- Develop manufacturing processes and specifications for custom equipment.
- Closely collaborate with external equipment integrators on custom automation equipment design.
- Validate and characterize new equipment and fixtures for production implementation.
- Drive design for manufacturability, while also enabling Engineering designs and vision.
- Oversee schedule and budget for the manufacturing equipment to ensure on time implementation at Lucid’s factory in Casa Grande, AZ.
- Analyze and control change costs, schedule delays and quality issues over the course of the project.
- Travel 25%+ to support equipment tryouts at suppliers, prototype builds and ultimate factory installation and bring up of major equipment lines for Powertrain, Body Shop, Paint Shop and Final Assembly.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to build outstanding teams and interface well with senior management.
- Experience developing manufacturing processes for new and unique products.
- Experience in factory environments deploying major manufacturing equipment systems and demonstrated history of on-time, high quality delivery.
- Experience designing mechanical equipment, fixturing and tooling in CAD (SolidWorks preferred, Catia is also a plus).
- Familiarity with automated manufacturing equipment.
- Experience introducing new equipment and new processes into a production environment.
- Exemplary verbal, written and presentation skills.
- 15+ years in Automotive Manufacturing or closely related field.
- BS/MS Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent.
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.