Senior Mechanical Engineer, Chassis
Hardware Engineering – Chassis Engineering
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer in the Chassis team, you will help design and deliver world-leading suspension architectures for our electric vehicle platforms. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination.
- Develop and deliver front and/or rear suspension architectures from a blank page through to production
- Design with excellence at system and component level, with great attention to every detail
- Create and optimize mechanical designs for performance, size, weight, durability, and cost
- Work closely with both internal teams and external suppliers, using creativity and teamwork to integrate multiple systems in the most efficient way possible
- Work closely with stakeholders and attribute owners across the company (Vehicle Safety, Vehicle Dynamics, NVH, Durability, Manufacturing, etc.)
- Coordinate virtual engineering and physical validation testing activities for your designs
- Determine required tolerances using GD&T
- Manage multiple complex projects in a demanding environment
- Travel domestically and internationally as required
- A proven track record of technical excellence in automotive chassis engineering
- A strong desire to create state-of-the-art engineering products as an integral part of a very capable team
- A flair for creative design engineering and problem-solving
- 5+ years of automotive industry experience
- Strong 3D CAD skills, proficient with CATIA V5/V6 or similar software
- Hands-on practical experience in prototype assembly
- Experience in technology, system and supplier selection
- Project leadership and mentoring skills
- Design release engineering experience, including engineering change management and project management experience
- A sound understanding of various analysis tools e.g. ANSYS, OptiStruct, MatLab, ADAMS, SHARK
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes such as extrusion, casting, stamping etc.
- Understanding of vehicle crash safety principles
- Understanding of vehicle dynamics principles
- Understanding of NVH principles
- Driven-vehicle attributes development experience
- 10+ years of automotive (or relevant) engineering experience
- BS/BEng or MS/MEng, or equivalent experience, in Mechanical Engineering
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.