Sr PLM Analyst
Newark, CA /
Hardware Engineering – Program Management /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
The PLM Analyst position is part of the Engineering organization and is responsible for initiating a broad range of activities surrounding Bill of Material creation and supporting data management throughout the product lifecycle. The role will include Part and BOM creation, change management, and communication of relevant supporting data such as intended effectivity dates and material disposition. This position will also serve to promote best practices and internal business processes with relation to change management and general PLM functions.
- Work with Design Engineering, Supply Chain, Program Management, and other supporting functions to accurately structure new products and document product changes as part of the product development, continuous improvement, and sustaining engineering processes.
- Create and release part numbers in the PLM system manage any changes to those part numbers cradle to grave.
- Create and release Bill of Material structures based on input from Engineering and Manufacturing to represent appropriate multilevel structuring.
- Initiate and manage Change Actions (ECO’s) to document and communicate changes to previously released parts and BOMs.
- Advise on best practices for documenting changes on new and existing products.
- Insure data integrity between systems (PLM & ERP, etc.…) throughout the change cycle.
- Analyze, process and track change submissions to minimize processing time between submission and implementation.
- Participate in the development and continuous improvement of the change process and other related practices.
- Assist in the communication of the Bill of Material requirements between Supply Chain and Production to facilitate material planning, order fulfillment and execution.
- Act as an interface for the company to the VAR to understand and customize any information necessary for best business practices.
- 10+ years progressive experience in creating and managing bills of material in engineering and production environments, including Change
- Order processing.
- Demonstrated understanding of multilevel Bill of Material hierarchy, including hardware and software components.
- Demonstrated understanding of product release cycle as it relates to the creation and change management of parts and BOM structures.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills working in product lifecycle management applications such as Catia, Enovia, 3D Experience & ERP systems, or comparable PLM environments.
- Detail oriented with strong record-keeping and organizational skills.
- Skills with common workplace software (word, excel spreadsheets, etc) with the ability to create and maintain metrics.
- Ability to work cross functionally between engineering, production, and supply chain personnel.
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.