Site Reliability Engineer
Digital – Cyber Security, Data, and Connectivity /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are looking for a SRE Engineer – Connectivity & Cyber Security, who enjoys thinking big and looking to make their mark on an incredibly fast-growing company. In this role you will maintain, monitor recover a highly scalable infrastructure for connectivity & cybersecurity using AWS Cloud and Kubernetes. If managing large, secure, fast infrastructure, working with a very talented team of engineers, and collaborating with the brightest mind in the Automotive industry is what you like, Lucid is the best to experience it.
- Maintain, Enhance and Monitor a highly scalable infrastructure for data processing platform using Kubernetes
- Using AWS Cloud and open-source services to address critical business needs
- Ensure the 24/7 availability of the system, with proper alerting and monitoring
- Identify and fix bugs and performance issues in the platform
- Work with agile teams on setting error budgets, root cause analysis exercises, and blameless post-mortems
- Utilize continuous delivery (CI/CD) with Gitlab CI, Jenkins, ArgoCD, Artifactory, Docker
- Data pipeline and application monitoring and failure recovery
- Setup and monitor application access and connectivity
- Advocate for a DevOps culture of automation, self-service, and engineering best practices to enable development teams
- Autoscaling and monitoring performance for Kubernetes and running applications using Prometheus and Grafana or similar tools
- Performing all SRE activities such as availability and reliability monitoring and reports
- Tune, Monitor and configure tools such as Kafka, Spark, Presto, Airflow, MQTT
- Use infrastructure as a service with Terraform
- operate and maintain code repository with GitLab.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in DevOps engineering or software development.
- Strong coding and scripting experience with Bash, Python, Go or similar languages.
- Comprehensive experience with AWS including a solid understanding of CI/CD, Amazon S3, EC2, IAM, CloudFormation and Route 53
- Experience with optimizing storage classes, lifecycle rules, instance classes, and throughput tuning to optimize for cost without sacrificing performance
- Experience with user access, authentication, user permission management and security, LDAP, AD, OIDC, Kerberos
- Experience with AWS Direct Connect or setting up and maintaining a hybrid cloud
- Experience with secure infrastructure networking with AWS using different types of Load Balancers, working with VPCs, subnets, and routing tables
- Experience with secure infrastructure networking with AWS using different types of Load Balancers, setting up VPCs, subnets, and routing tables
- Experience with containerization and scheduling, with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Strong distributed systems implementation experience
- Experience with auto scaling, performance testing and capacity planning.
- Experience with tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, etc. to build automation, CI/CD, Self-Service pipelines.
- Experience with configuration management tools: Puppet, Chef, Kustomize, or Ansible
- Experience owning infrastructure in production, as well as designing and creating build/deploy & monitoring systems using CloudFormation/Terraform
- Experience with restful services, pub/sub communication model, service-oriented architecture, distributed systems, cloud system (AWS) and micro-services architecture pattern.
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.