Senior Diagnostic Engineer, Controls
Newark, CA /
Electronics & Software – Infotainment, Controls, and Integration /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
- Work with controls engineers to define industry-leading robust controls algorithms and to architect and design diagnostic functions on ECU level that will be able to detect various faults.
- Identify, develop and maintain solutions to complex technical problems in electronic and mechatronic vehicle systems and subsystems
- Work with cross-functional teams to derive requirements given by use cases and feature listings, FMEA results, reliability and DV/PV needs and drive implementation
- Work with the Functional Safety team to define and architect functions that meet requirements derived from the Safety process according to ISO26262
- Work with the Service organization to define part exchange strategies in case of a fault
- Utilize diagnostic services (UDS) on Ethernet, CAN and LIN for fault reporting, diagnostic data communication and diagnostic routines.
- Support Diagnostic System Engineers in authoring diagnostic data using CANdela Studio
- Develop functional and software diagnostic requirements for model based and hand code software implementation
- Conduct design reviews
- Assist in developing test cases to verify and validate diagnostic functions on ECU integration and system integration level.
- Work with the platform team to make the diagnostic implementation and architecture AUTOSAR compliant
- Participate in the design of a world-class engineering effort to bring electric vehicles to a new level of refinement
- 3+ years of experience with embedded control systems
- 2+ Experience in fault detection, fault handling and automotive diagnostics
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with system level bring-up and calibration of diagnostic functions
- Strong background of system design, implementation, testing and maintenance
- Expert knowledge in controls algorithm design and implementation
- Expert knowledge of model-based design using Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow and good understanding of C/C++
- Diagnostic architecture background
- Experience with industry standard requirements and agile development tools such as JAMA, JIRA, Git, Confluence
- Experience in working with cross functional teams
- Practical debugging skills
- Creativity in your design, ability to build stuff with your hands and great communication skills
- Common understanding of ISO 26262 and Autosar
- Experience in designing controllers for electric vehicle systems
- Experience with tools such as CANoe, CANalyzer, CANape
- BS (MS preferred), in the areas of electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, automotive systems, or other related fields
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.