Intern, Helpdesk Technician, Summer 2024
Information Technology – Global IT Operations /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Lucid is seeking a Helpdesk Technician Intern to work alongside a team of Senior Helpdesk Technicians based in Newark, CA.
As a member of the support center team, the successful candidate will primarily provide technical support to users, both local and remote for desktops, laptops, OS, applications, network connectivity, & cell phones.
- Provides timely and effective technical support to GEI users and prioritizes incoming requests based on business need by utilizing Jira ticketing system.
- Assists senior team members with complex issues to gain experience and exposure to more advanced problems
- Contributes, reviews, and maintains knowledge base content on an ongoing basis
- Provision user accounts and configure and deploy Windows workstations, laptops, printers, fax machines, and peripherals, within company standards and guidelines
- Configure and troubleshoot Anti-virus software, assist, or train staff with Microsoft applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook in an Office 365 environment
- Software installation and troubleshooting support of various engineering specific applications
- Setup and deliver computers to new hires and staff
- Work independently or with other staff to troubleshoot technical and network issues over the phone, or via remote access; recommend and perform system upgrades
- Willingness to work after hours and weekends when required.
- Setup and configuration of cell and smart-phone devices
- Perform other duties as needed
- Currently attending/pursuing a degree program in Computer science or related.
- At least one year of technical skill or equivalent experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations and adapt quickly to change
- An aptitude for grasping the value of new information
- Ability to take ownership of complex issues/assignments and follow through to completion
- Ability to present in a competent, efficient manner in dealing with the various levels of company personnel
- Strong organizational skills with excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Work availability in the US without requiring sponsorship
- This position is based in a general office environment with responsibilities that require extensive computer work using the keyboard and monitor requiring listening as well as speaking and sitting for extended periods of time
- Timing: May-August, or June-September pending class schedules.
- Duration of Internship: Our internship program is 12 weeks; the end date is flexible based on individual needs.
- Work Location & Environment: This position will be in Newark, CA, and is fully in-person. The working environment will be a mix of lab & office work.
- Compensation: Student compensation is based on location and current degree level, non-negotiable.
- Visa Sponsorship: Lucid may but is not obligated to sponsor foreign national employees requiring company sponsorship for U.S. employment authorization.
- Relocation: One round trip flight to the assigned work location from/to permanent residence.
- Housing/Transportation: You must provide your own living arrangements and transportation in the local area.
- Background Check: All offers of employment are contingent on clearing a background check.
- Drug Screening: All offers of employment are contingent on passing a drug screen.
- Medical benefits: Dental and vision on day 1 for all interns working 32+ hours a week; medical for interns in California working 32+ hours a week.
The hourly range for internships specific to the location is $28/hr-$68/hr and is the range Lucid reasonably and in good faith expects to pay for the position taking into account: degree level and job-specific domain. You may be eligible for additional compensation as well as access to our medical, dental, and vision programs.
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.