Technical Project Manager, Low Voltage
Newark, CA /
Hardware Engineering – Body Engineering /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Lucid's mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a skilled Technical Project Manager for the Low Voltage Design team. You will work with a team of talented engineers in support of the motor & gearbox development efforts at Lucid. You will be managing multiple scheduling activities for simultaneous projects. You will work closely with our Low Voltage, EE Architecture, and Software teams to lead the design efforts and balance the utilization of all of engineers to work together to accomplish projects within budget constraints and delivery timing.
- Create and maintain detailed Gantt charts of multiple design projects
- Track progress and encourage team work to hit each milestone on time
- Interface with the test department to keep the validation program on-time for start of vehicle production
- Utilize JIRA to communicate engineering tasks and progress
- Utilize Confluence and other tools to communicate critical information to the teams
- Provide regular progress updates to management and the executive staff
- Lead scope, schedule, and budget for new prototype builds
- Provide technical guidance to solve engineering challenges with mechanical, electrical and/or software systems
- 5+ years of work experience in Engineering, 3+ years should be in the automotive industry
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA and Confluence (or equivalent)
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office
- Extensive working knowledge of low voltage vehicle systems like wire harness and the fundamental engineering principles behind these systems a big plus
- Previous project management or program management experience a plus
- Experience working with MS Project, Gantt Charts or similar
- Great organizational skills and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced startup environment with frequent prioritization adjustments
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field
- MBA or PMP Certifications a plus.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.