Body Repair Technician
Newark, CA /
Retail Operations – Service Operations /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
Body Repair Technician - The Role
We are currently seeking an experienced Body Repair Technician to be part of developing globally recognized, best-in-class collision repair capability for Lucid Motors. This position will be an evolutionary one, starting with hands-on work as the body repair program team develops and grows. It will involve working with and supporting the Body Repair Program team and other Lucid departments. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. More details about the job are listed below:
- Reporting to the Body Repair Technical Manager, work with BIW Engineering and BIW Manufacturing to develop the body repair methodology for Lucid Motors.
- Work with the Technical Training & Publications team to document developed body repair methods.
- Identify and develop key measurable data points in repair methods that will be KPI requirements for Lucid’s approved body shop network.
- Ensure design for repairability feedback is provided for BIW engineering and implemented in component design.
- Identify BIW repair part assembly configuration options.
- Evaluate tooling and equipment for the Body Repair Program approved tooling list.
- Develop repair times for both body repair.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet project deadlines.
- Comply with all Lucid safety rules, guidelines and standards.
- Valid Driver’s License and a good driving record.
- 5 years minimum hands-on technician experience in the collision industry, OEM Structural Repair Certifications from instructor led training from Tesla, Jaguar. BMW, Mercedes Benz, Audi, etc. would be advantageous.
- Ability to perform structural repairs utilizing various repair bench systems and appropriate body shop equipment.
- Be able to explain and demonstrate best practice body repair techniques for all stages of the repair process.
- Aluminum MIG Welding / MIG Brazing experience.
- Aluminum Adhesive bonding experience.
- Aluminum Structural body structure repair experience.
- Strong computer skills ( Word, Excel, PowerPoint )
- Capable of lifting up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Diagnostic software experience
- Vocational School Certificate in Collision Repair or equivalent experience
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.