Head of Public Policy
Legal – Public Policy /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. We constantly seek talented, motivated individuals possessing a proven track record of excellence to join our team. Become part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive and mobility industry.
We are currently seeking a Head of Public Policy, China. This position requires an experienced professional with significant government affairs experience. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Act as main point of contact for Chinese government entities at both the national level and with provincial/city/district governments
- Act as early warning system to Global Head of Public Policy, Managing Director – China, and Lucid executive team for beneficial or potentially difficult regulations coming out of China
- Develop policy materials, reports and products (internal- and external-facing)
- Work with Global Head of Public Policy and MD – China, sales, marketing, tax, supply chain and product teams to execute political and regulatory strategy benefitting Lucid’s business in China
- Develop and maintain close relationships with diplomatic corps in Beijing and Shanghai
- Develop and maintain close relationships with Chinese macro-policy departments in automotive, information/digitalization, industrial manufacture, etc.
- Lead Lucid engagement in relevant Chinese automotive and climate-focused associations, AmChams, and other business groups (especially those supporting foreign companies in the country)
- Work in coalitions within the sustainable transportation and energy communities in China to ensure Lucid is not disadvantaged by new or changing policy
- Bachelors degree required, Masters degree preferred
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience in public policy, government affairs, and other advocacy roles
- Familiarity with relevant Chinese political frameworks, policies, and laws relevant to Lucid’s business, including electric vehicles, industrial manufacture, EV charging infrastructure, energy storage systems, international issues, data privacy, cybersecurity, automotive safety, traditional infrastructure, etc.
- High acquaintance and engagement with Chinese diplomatic, automotive, industrial and information dept. on both national and provincial/city/district level
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), including the ability to effectively relay complex information in a concise format
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively, efficiently, prioritize workflow and meet demanding deadlines
- Experience in transportation or energy sector
- Strong rolodex of policy contacts representing an array of jurisdictions
- Ability to travel ~20%
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
Notice regarding COVID-19 protocols
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States may or may not be required to provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses). Vaccination requirements are dependent upon location and position, please refer to the job description for more details.
Individuals in positions requiring vaccinations may seek a medical and/or religious exemption from this requirement and may be granted such an accommodation after submitting a formal request to and the subsequent review and approval thereof by our dedicated Covid-19 Response team.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.