Prototype Vehicle Test Specialist – ADAS/AD
Digital – Autonomous Driving /
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
As a Prototype Vehicle Test Operation Specialist, you will help develop and commercialize state-of-the-art electric vehicle. Our Test specialist are valuable contributors, providing necessary feedback to our engineering team in order to advance this cutting-edge technology. This position requires an experienced professional with clean driving record, rich experience in driving prototype vehicles, and attention to safety and details. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates should have demonstrated the ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and be excellent at multi-tasking.
- Test drive and evaluate test vehicles in “real world” driving situations on test routes and tracks, conduct safety inspections, perform specialized test procedures, and document findings on test reports in a clear and concise manner.
- Support in diagnose, maintain, and repair of vehicles and bench test systems
- Assist the team and work on installation, upgrade, calibration, configuration of sensors, ECUs, Software, etc.
- Perform vehicle checks, maintenance and keep vehicle prepared for field testing daily.
- Vehicle Test Specialist will be responsible for driving prototype vehicles on various public and private roads in order to test features, obtain data and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Manual data collection and driving including mapping drives and final data verification drives.
- Build and follow process for the teams, document potential issues and improvements
- Work efficiently within a multidisciplinary cooperative environment on prototype, pre-production, show, and production vehicles.
- Valid US driver's license
- Minimum 2 years of driving experience for autonomous driving or automotive OEM companies
- Clean driving record (DMV record will be obtained periodically)
- Must be able to demonstrate safe driving in all weather conditions, including rain, snow, etc.
- Safety Sensitive position, requiring all persons assigned to activity be drug free.
- Able to drive for prolonged periods routinely exceeding eight or more hours.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including weekends and possible overtime.
- Will be able to drive and travel to other domestic and international locations.
- Must have good vision, hearing and motor skills. Alertness and good driving instinct to monitor automated vehicle performance and supervision.
- Basic computer skills to execute basic scripts for testing and data collection, and to document and report issues online and offline.
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate clearly both written and orally.
- Exceptional ability and desire to learn new skills and tools. Ability to apply oneself in new problems in a dynamic lean start-up environment.
- AA/AS degree, any field; or, demonstrated communication, analytic, mathematical, and reasoning skills consistent with a AA/AS degree;
- Credentials for operating vehicles at an OEM/Supplier automotive proving ground highly preferred.
- Enrollment in DMV Pull Notice Program
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.