Embedded Software Engineer, Battery Software
Electronics & Software – Infotainment, Controls, and Integration
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking an Embedded Software Engineer. This position requires an individual with a strong background in software development including but not limited to embedded control systems. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Work in a dynamic, cross-functional team to advance our cutting-edge battery control R&D
- Contribute to our world-acclaimed battery product for Formula E motorsports, and mass-market passenger vehicles
- Develop mission and safety-critical features like battery status monitoring, fault-tolerant communication, fault detection, and diagnostics in the Battery Management System (BMS)
- Develop software tools to enable various software and hardware integration tests of BMS, and test data analytics
- Experience in model-based design using MATLAB/Simulink, with good understanding of Automatic Control Systems and classical control theory tools like compensator design and PID tuning
- Excellent track record in embedded and desktop software development, with proficiency in C/C++, and python
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or other related fields, MS preferred
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with battery management systems and Lithium ion batteries
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.