Sr. Manufacturing Equipment Engineer (General Assembly)
Newark, CA /
Manufacturing – Manufacturing /
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
You will design and develop cutting-edge automation equipment, detailing the requirements and specifications, leading to the fabrication of equipment/automation cells and installation.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead the technical efforts of teams engaged in the complex multidisciplinary technological development
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with all disciplines involved in specifying and engineering complex mechatronics products
- Ability to lead and contribute during all phases of the project from initial concept to production ramp
- High tolerance for ambiguity and ability to turn broad program objectives into actionable design initiatives
- Strong 3D CAD skills
- Analytic problem-solving skills, including knowledge of 8D, Six Sigma, DOE or similar disciplines
- Demonstrated experience developing high volume, low-cost precision mechanisms (including mechatronics)
- Engineering (especially mechanism) simulation experience
- Demonstrated design experience in developing and integrating I/O devices which may include and be applied to
- End of arm tooling
- High speed pick and place automation
- Position sensors
- Material handling
- Fluid dispensing
- Vision systems
- BS Mechatronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Electronic Engineering
- Minimum 5 years related experience in a technology based industry, where automated assembly techniques are utilized
- Industrial Engineering experience working in high-volume assembly processes
- Knowledge of automated equipment systems and tools - robotic, vision, material handling, Conveyors, PLC, HMI, etc.
- Travel required – 10
- DELMIA experience required
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.